The Alberta Bio Future (ABF) program encourages strategic alliances between businesses and academic, research and government institutions. These alliances must focus on novel or enhanced bio-industrial products and technologies. The main purpose of this program is to utilize Alberta’s biomass and create a market that is competitive, profitable and efficient. Undoubtedly, the bio-industrial sector remains untapped, this program allows businesses the ability to enter the industry with more wealth of knowledge, by partnering with other institutions you will be better prepared to mitigate challenges.
In particular, the ABF Opportunities program is relevant for companies who would not be able to conduct their projects in a timely manner without funding. This is especially important for companies who are transitioning from research to commercialization but don’t have the financial means to do so efficiently, while also being in a time-sensitive position.
Applications must be submitted by:
- Researchers based in Alberta, and researchers elsewhere conducting projects with
a benefit to Alberta, or
- Operating companies or industry groups based in Alberta.
• Be completed by December 31, 2020
- Have the project work carried out primarily in Alberta.
• Have a direct application to the bio-industrial sector. (Note: Bioindustrial products exclude food, feed or pharma products in this sub-program.)
• Develop bio-industrial products and bio-industrial technologies that use renewable,
sustainable biomass, with a focus on agriculture and forestry biomass, produced or available in Alberta.
• Focus on developments leading to a competitive advantage for Alberta companies or other direct benefits to Alberta.
• Engage a project team with demonstrated competence, experience, and the organizational capacity to successfully complete the project.
- Salary (one-time)
- External Consultants
Funding for approved full proposals will be established on a per-company basis based on your needs.
Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2019.
For assistance in preparing your submission and to position your application for approval contact EVAMAX Group to help you with the process.