Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) provides funding for clean technology development and demonstration projects (i.e., when project is past the proof-of-concept stage but has not been commercialized) through SD Tech Fund (SDTF).
SDTC evaluates projects on the basis of environmental benefits, strength of technology innovation, Technology Readiness Level (TRL), Management capability, Business plan and commercialization plan, Financial strength.
The funding is a non-repayable contribution.
SD Tech Fund typically provides:
- Funding of up to 33% of eligible projects costs.
- An average contribution of $2 million to $4 million, with funds disbursed over the life of the project up to a five-year period.
The project must have the potential for one of the following:
- GHG emissions reductions,
- Reductions in water consumption,
- Reduction of water, soil or air contamination.
To be funded through SDTF, a project:
- Must fund at least 25% of its eligible costs privately.
- Cannot receive more than 75% of its eligible costs from other government funding sources.
- At least 50% of its eligible project costs incurred within Canada.
- Enter the commercialization phase within 1-5 years;
- Salaries and Contractor costs related to the project;
- Field testing services and feasibility studies;
- Supplies and equipment;
- Laboratory and field supplies and materials;
- Travel and conference expenses;
- Print, production, and translation services,
- Shipping costs (incl. customs fees);
- Data collection services; and
- Communication and distribution costs.
Who can apply?
- Be a Canadian business;
- Have a defined project and demonstrate pre-commercial technology.
- Have a strong market potential for the technology.
- Own the IP right to the technology; and
- Be able to enter a legally-binding agreement with at least two other consortium partners.
This program has an open intake, however SDTC has a multi-step evaluation process: Phase 1 is the Initial Project Review; Phase 2 is the Full Project Review; Phase 3 is the Funding Approval
For assistance in preparing your submission and to position your application for approval contact EVAMAX Group to help you with the process. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-711-7733