The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (AIG) is a taxable cash grant of $1,000 per year or level, up to two levels, for a lifetime maximum amount of $2,000 per person, available to registered apprentices once they have successfully finished their first or second year/level (or equivalent) of an apprenticeship program in one of the designated Red Seal trade.
An apprentice can receive up to two Apprenticeship Incentive Grants (a lifetime maximum of $2,000 per person). You can apply for the AIG after completing your first and second years/levels (or equivalent). Proof of progression for both technical and on-the-job training is January 1 to December 31, 2018. Deadline for submitting the AIG is June 30th 2019.
- increase access to apprenticeships in the Red Seal trades by helping apprentices cover expenses such as the purchase of tools and other materials required for learning on-the-job and travel expenses associated with classroom training;
- encourage progression through the technical and on-the-job training requirements in the early years of their apprenticeship program, building momentum toward certification; and
- promote interprovincial mobility by increasing the number of apprentices who remain in the Red Seal trades and get their Red Seal
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person
- High school students are not eligible
- Registered apprentices with employer/or training trust fund/or union training centre/or joint apprenticeship training committee, and the apprenticeship authority
- In the Red Seal trade program that is designated as such in the province or territory where registered as an apprentice
- Can show supporting documents that prove successful completion of the first or second year/level
Other grants available:
Evidently, there are several sources of funding offered for training. For assistance in preparing your submission and to position your application for approval contact EVAMAX Group to help you with the process.
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-711-7733.