Cost-Shared programs by federal, provincial and territorial governments:
Also see: Targeted Opportunities for Businesses
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a five-year federal-provincial-territorial initiative to increase the competitiveness, prosperity, and sustainability of the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector.
Since its launch, the CAP has been accepting applications in provinces where bilateral agreements have already been arranged, namely Ontario and Quebec.
This investment will be cost-shared on a 60:40 basis and delivered by provinces and territories to ensure programs are tailored to meet regional needs.
Cost Sharing Funding Opportunities in Ontario
Funding is available for Capital Expenses, Marketing, Innovation (advanced manufacturing technology & automation), Training, Business Development, and Infrastructure activities to improve productivity in the agri-food industry.
Cost-sharing (up to 50% of cost sharing for some projects and initiatives)
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
1) Capital Expenses (Equipment purchases/retrofits, construction, software etc.)
2) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems implementation & upgrades.
3) Product, Processes & Technology Development & Innovation
4) Food Safety / Traceability Systems
Targeted Opportunities also available
5) Marketing – Domestic & Export
6) Business Plans/ Marketing Plans/ Productivity Plans/ Other Strategic Plans Development
7) Plant & Livestock related infrastructure
Who can apply?
For-profit & Not-for-profit organizations in the following categories are eligible –
Processors i.e. any established company that is a manufacturer and is
- Currently directly involved in the transformation of agricultural commodities, food, beverage or agri-based bio-products in Ontario may meet the eligibility criteria.
This includes processors:
- Tobacco-based pharmaceuticals or other bio-products
- Ornamentals (flowers, shrubs, sod, etc., both land-based and greenhouse)
- Health or nutrition supplements
- Pet food products