Grant request must be more than $50,000, to a maximum of $500,000 per applicant per fiscal year.
Application Intake Begins: February 15, 2019
Next submission deadline: April 1, 2019.
The purpose of this program is to support the growth of Alberta’s Food Processors and Bio-Industrial Processors. The Program funds projects that support new product development, implementation of state-of-the-art processes, commercialization of products in new markets, and expansion of existing markets.
The Program provides non-repayable grants on a cost-shared basis to cover eligible expenses up to a maximum of $500,000 per applicant per fiscal year as follows:
a) Eligible Capital Expenses at 25% grant
b) Eligible Non-Capital Expenses at 50% grant
The grant request must be more than $50,000.
- Processing Capacity Expansion
- Product and Process Development
- Label and Package Development
- Market Development
- Export Preparation and Planning
- Product Demonstration
Related: Canadian Agricultural Partnership
- Engineering design
- New processing equipment
- Retrofitting or modifications of existing processing equipment and/or software systems
- Software systems to support the development of process improvements
- Lab equipment
- Travel outside of Alberta
- 3rd party testing
- 3rd party expertise (formulation, branding, market research, export strategy)
- Ingredient costs for trials
- Develop labels
- Label printing used for new product launch
- Certification costs required to access a new market
- 3rd party payments to design, develop and print marketing materials
- Development of initial online marketing and selling platforms
- Registration fees for conferences and tradeshows
- In-store or in-market product demonstrations
Who can apply?
- Bio-Industrial Processors – manipulates and enhances the value of an agricultural product
- Food Processors – changes an agricultural product into a value-added product through physical, chemical, or thermal means, including packaging
There are 1 to 3 submission deadlines per year for this program. The next submission deadline is April 1, 2019. Completed Applications must be received between February 15, 2019, and April 1, 2019.
All applicants should receive a status update of their application within four to six weeks of the application deadline.