Any business, including not-for-profit organizations, with a plan to train Canadians for a new or better job is eligible to apply.
- are licensed to operate your business in Ontario;
- applying to train an Ontario resident you employ or will employ;
- applying for training that will be delivered in Ontario and is related to a job that is also located in Ontario;
- in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Employment Standards Act;
Further provincial eligibility requirements can be obtained through EVAMAX GROUP, get a FREE consultation.
The Canada Job Grant provides funding for training programs offered by eligible third-party trainers, such as community or career colleges, trade union centres or private trainers.
Training can take place in a variety of settings, including a classroom, at a workplace or online.
Examples of Eligible Training:
The Canada Job Grant can provide training to help individuals improve their skills or develop new skills in a variety of areas such as:
- Sales & Leadership
- Business Processes/Systems Improvement
- Marketing, Including Digital & SEO Training
- Customer Service Client Management
- Software Training, CRM Training
- Skilled Trades, Construction
Eligible Training Costs:
The Canada Job Grant may be used to support the following training costs:
- tuition fees or fees charged by training providers;
- mandatory student fees;
- textbooks, software and other required materials; and
- examination fees
- Government covers 1/2 of direct training costs for large employers and 5/6 for small employers (fewer than 100 employees)
- Up to $10,000 per trainee
- May qualify for 100% funding and up to $15,000 per trainee if small employer is hiring and training unemployed individuals
- The maximum support for textbooks, software and other training materials are $500 for each trainee.
- The maximum allowable support for travel costs are $500 per trainee only when the distance travelled is greater than 24 km each way
Other grants available:
Evidently, there are several sources of funding offered for training. For assistance in preparing your submission and to position your application for approval contact EVAMAX Group to help you with the process.
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-711-7733.