BCIP is a permanent, competitive first purchase program offered by the Canadian government to allow small businesses in Canada to test and pre-sell technologies to the Government of Canada before commercializing them. Canadian companies can submit a proposal for their technologies that potentially improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the government.
The program has 2 streams:
- Up to $500,000 contract value for Standard Components
- Up to $1,000,000 contract value for Military Components
This is awarded through a government contract specifically for the company’s technology. Technology developers retain the IP during the process.
The BCIP is looking for technology, equipment, software or services that:
- can compete in the priority industry (see below)
- demonstrate substantial benefits over existing goods and services in the industry
- can be used within federal operations
- Product/Service must have at least of 80% Canadian content
- Be pre-commercial and in the late stages of development
- Must fit within one of the four categories: Environment, Health, Safety & Security, & Enabling Technologies
- Proposals are evaluated on technical merit
- Innovation that fits within the categories: Command & Support, Cyber-Security, Protecting the Soldier, Arctic and Maritime Security, In-Service Support, and Training Systems.
The technology must have a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 7-9, which represent projects that are in late-stage development or early-stage commercialization.
Who can apply?
- A Canadian business, non-profit organization, or university
- A partnership, post-secondary collaboration, or economic cluster
- An international entity with an eligible Canadian Bidder
- Own IP rights to the technology
- Ensure the product is made with at least 80% Canadian resources
- Not be earning revenue from the product
What are the Priority Industries?
- Clean Tech/Green
- Health Sciences
- Health Sciences
There is a continuous in-take of applications for BCIP.
For assistance in preparing your submission and to position your application for approval contact EVAMAX Group to help you with the process. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-711-7733